Imagine a world without trees; we would not be here—trees are the lungs of the environment.
Trees are beautiful, as well they provide shade, shelter, food, a home for plant life and wildlife; remove carbon dioxide, the main greenhouse gas, from the air; control noise pollution; are life-givers; and are wonderful for our physical health, our hearts and our minds. This is a gratitude-based workshop.In this one day workshop you'll be using four art mediums:
- Watercolour paints
- To pencil sketch trees from photos or pictures of your favourite tree
- Pencil sketching techniques and sketching trees in the four seasons
- Shading—Use of light and dark; shadow, light and perspective
- How to work with acrylic paints
- Proper care and use of supplies brushes and tools
- Brush stroke techniques
- How to create texture to paint tree bark and leaves
- How to mix colours
- Layout and design
We'll also discuss Watercolor techniques and we'll learn how to create birch bark trees using watercolours and masking off techniques.
Norene will give group instruction and focused individual attention.